2016 Sustainability Summit Wrap Up
The 2016 Sustainability Summit included the keynote speaker Dr. Shahzeen Attari along with members of a Louisville city panel and more. Of course, it all starts off with a film screen of Beargrass: The Creek in Our Backyard by Morgan C. Akitson on Thursday, October 27, 2016, from 6:00 PM-8:00 PM at the Clifton Center. Review the 2016 Sustainability Summit archive below.
Taking Action for Tomorrow
Presenter: Maria Koetter
View the presentation from the Metro Office of Sustainability here (pdf).
Afternoon Project Showcase
This is a list of participating organizations and businesses working on various projects throughout the state of Kentucky.
Projects were selected through an application process. For more information click HERE.
- Louisville Food Cooperative – Link
- Falls City BikeWorks – Bicycle Repair Shop – Link
- University of Louisville – Car Share & More – Link
- Louisville Metro – Comprehensive Plan 2040 – Link
- Kentucky Interfiath Power & Light – Adamah Project – Link
- Salt River Watershed Watch – Citizen Science Program – Link
- The Nature Conservatory – Louisville Faith Community Landscape Audit – Contact by Email
2016 Sustainability Summit Speaker & Panelists
Dr. Shahzeen Attari
School of Public and Environmental Affairs
Presentation: To obtain slides or data, please contact Dr. Attari directly at email@example.com direc. Some of the work presented has not yet been published and cannot yet be made available on the web.
City of Cleveland
Director of Sustainability
Presentation: View Sustainable Cleveland presentation here (pdf).
City of Columbus
Director, Office of Environmental Protection and Sustainability
Presentation: View Columbus’ Public Health & Sustainability presentation here (pdf).
Salt Lake City Chamber of Commerce
VP, Business and Community Relations
Presentation: View the “Business Leadership to Advance Sustainability” presentation here (pdf).