LSC Green Economy Action Team
To define, support and take collaborative action to improve Louisville’s sustainable green economy. Our team’s mission is to bring together the Louisville Metro’s Office of Sustainability, the University of Louisville and the regions leaders to develop sustainable economic actions. We understand that collaborating to promote a more environmentally sustainable region is engaging work. Our actions will improve, protect and enhance our local green economy in areas such as: education, workforce development; environment; energy diversity and efficiency; land, air and water protection; materials recovery; transportation, and the built environment. We invite participation.
Our definition of Sustainability:
Drive success and connect mutually beneficial efforts around building and upholding a Green Economy in Louisville without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.
The group ‘Green For All’ has posted this incredible 12-minute educational video on their website that introduces the different ways in which we can create green cities which create jobs and make our communities healthier.
It quickly and simply illustrates the vital connection between sustainability and economic development. It highlights the unique effects inner city communities experience when environmental justice is not a priority and it uses hip-hop music to illustrate the special opportunities that exist for change. We give this video 5-Stars!
- Team contacts, meeting notes, and other documents (team member access only)
- Sustain Louisville 2013 progress report published June 2014.
- Sustain Louisville: Louisville Metro Sustainability Plan: Created March 2013.
- STAR Communities Report (Version 1.1, Jan. 2014, 132 pages long) and STAR Communities rating framework (page 10 only). The STAR Communities Economy & Jobs section is on pages 49-62 of the Report.
- Cornerstone 20/20 Comprehensive Plan: Adopted 15, June 2000 by the Louisville and Jefferson County Planning Commission.
- Land Development Code: For all of Louisville – Jefferson County, Kentucky: March 2006: In effect within Louisville Metro only.
- Sierra Magazine Cool Schools: University of Louisville STARS Snapshot Outreach
- Sierra Magazine Cool Schools report: University of Louisville STARS Snapshot Public Engagement
- Presentation: GrEAT KySEA Clean Energy Policies 9-14 Wallace McMullen of the Sierra Club.
- Materials Recovery – Residential wet/dry program and corporate connectivity
- Renewable Energy – Solar Over Louisville, legislation, and education
- Community Sustainable Demonstration Projects – Community agriculture and sustainability districts
- Sierra Club Kentucky Chapter Presents Wallace McMullen speaking on “Clean Energy Policies as Proposed by KY Sustainable Energy Alliance” during our regular meeting on September 8, 2014 from 1-2:30pm at WaterStep.
- Sustainable Walking Tour on UofL’s Belknap Campus, July, 14 2014 from 12pm-1pm prior to our July Meeting. Meet at Patterson Hall 1st Floor Conference Room at 3rd and Eastern Parkway near The Thinker statue.
The team typically meets on the first Monday of each month from 1-2:30 pm. Check the LSC Calendar for meeting location. Contact the team co-captains before attending your first meeting. All are welcome!
Colleen Crum, ReTree Shively – Email
Phone Number: 502-744-9198 – Text is best
Sean Vanderveer, EcoBridge Industries – Email
*Meetings will be on the second Monday when the first Monday lands on or immediately after a holiday.