LSC Action Teams & Projects
About LSC Action Teams & Projects
The LSC Actions Teams use the collective impact model to connect stakeholders in the public, private, and nonprofit sectors to work together to achieve common goals. The LSC serves as a backbone organization to bring people together through the Action Teams to create initiatives towards achieving a common vision. Check out the video clip to learn about Collective Impact.
Assist a Team or Project
The LSC supports action teams to achieve the following goals:
- Air Quality: Maintain air quality that exceeds the National Ambient Air Quality Standards
- Buildings: Reduce the total energy and water consumption by the built environment by 25% (See calendar for team project meetings).
- Living Systems: Increase the area of green cover in the metro by 10%
- Neighborhoods and Mobility: Decrease transportation related greenhouse gas emissions by 20%
- Renewable Energy: Increase amount of energy from renewable sources to 10% of total generated
Teams consist of people who, as representatives of key organizations, are able to help make measurable change at the community outcome level. LSC teams need assistance with coordination, and projects need assistance with coordination, project management, project implementation, and sponsorship. Assisting in these roles requires approximately 5-20+ hours of volunteer time per month, via email, phone, and/or in person. If you are interested in learning more, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.