Are you a property owner or facility manager that is interested in taking the next step in energy savings?
The Louisville Energy Alliance (LEA), in partnership with Louisville Metro Government’s Office of Sustainability, will host a FREE EPA ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager Part II training session on June 28th, 2017 from 1-3pm at Spalding University’s Kosair College of Health and Natural Science, 901 S 3rd Street, Louisville in Room 113.
Portfolio Manager is a FREE online software program that allows you to track the energy use in your building and benchmark your energy usage against other similar building types. It is also useful if you make efficiency upgrades to your building so that you can see how those upgrades decrease your building’s overall energy use over time.
Participants will continue to learn about EPA’s ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager tool, with a deeper dive into more advanced functionalities.
Attendees will learn how to:
- Edit property data
- Correct and update property use details
- How to use data quality checker and
- How to share property data
The LEA and Office of Sustainability will take the technical assistance a few steps further.
- Once a building’s energy data is entered into Portfolio Manager, eligible buildings will receive an ENERGY STAR Score and will be eligible for certification if that score is above 75. Through the partnership, the ENERGY STAR Verification Assistance Program was established. This allows businesses to verify their buildings for FREE. Verification is the process for becoming ENERGY STAR certified. This service can typically cost a building upwards of $2,000.
- If you’re having difficulties with Portfolio Manager or your building’s score isn’t quite at 75, theKentucky Pollution Prevention Center a non-profit and non-regulatory Center, will provide FREEtechnical assistance to help companies improve their energy management.
Space at the June 28th training session is limited and registration is required. Once participants register they will receive an email with more information.
If you have any questions about energy efficiency, the FREE Portfolio Manager training, theFREE verification assistance or FREE technical assistance please contact Angela Futter firstname.lastname@example.org or 502.574.1976.